1. Application to Waifs and Strays' Society c. May 1887
View the Case Summary.
Application for the Admission of a child
- 1. Give the child's christian name and surname
- 2. State her exact age, and give the date and place of her birth
- May 1872, Kennington Green
- 3. Legitimate?
- 4. If baptized, state place and date of baptism
- Has been baptised, does not know where
- 5. Parents living?
- only father
- 6. If, however, either or both are dead, state of what disease they died and give the date of their death
- Mother died April 1884 or 6
- 7. If living, give their exact places of abode, and state how long they have resided there
- Father St. Ann's Cottages, Westfield Barnes
- 8. Give the christian names and surnames of her parents (in full) and state their ages.
- 9. What was or is the nature of the father's occupation and the amount of his weekly earnings? Give the name and address of his present or last employer.
- Father is a Plasterer or does any odd jobs he can get - sometimes he carves chairs
- 10. What was or is the nature of the mother's occupation and the amount of her weekly earnings? Give the name and address of her present or last employer.
- 11. Have the parents or guardians ever received parish relief? If so, to what extent?
- 12. Give the names, addresses, ages, occupations and earnings (if any) of all her brothers and sisters
- NAME, ADDRESS, AGE, OCCUPATION, WEEKLY EARNINGS