Hidden Lives Revealed. A virtual archive - children in care 1881-1981 * Image of handwritten text

Bradstock Lockett Nursery, Southport

No image of this Home exists in the Children's Society Archive. If you have an image of this home please let us know at hlr@childsoc.org.uk.

See also the dietary sheet from this home in the Unexplored Riches section.

Bradstock Lockett Nursery, Southport

Southport, Lancashire

(1968 - 1975)

Bradstock Lockett Nursery was opened in 1968 in the building previously used by Bradstock Lockett Special School. The nursery was officially opened and dedicated on 24 July by the Bishop of Liverpool and The Children's Society's Secretary the Revd Beeny. The nursery served as a training centre for nursery nurses taking the NNEB nursery nursing qualifiaction.

In 1975 Bradstock Lockett moved away from its traditional role of residential home to develop its community work. The nursery was closed and replaced by Bradstock Lockett Family Centre, a day-care centre and playgroup. The children from the residential nursery were transferred to St Mark's, Natland, Cumbria.



The Children's Society UNESCO logo Big
           Lottery Fund logo